Friday, February 11, 2005

Happy Birthday!

This blog is devoted to a close friend of mine .. who had a significant impact on my life in my Cambridge days .. the person who is different from any other individual that I have come across till now!

I remember our first visit .. at my other friend's place in the Angel's court, Trinity .. there was a get together of 4/5 people .. for having some musical evening .. and there I first saw him .. with his trademark-black overcoat .. and the characteristic smile on his face!

And he sang "fagu khele .." (a 'Bada geet', Asamese fock song) .. and our friendship began ..

many a time he surprised me with his power of telepathy (or should I say super-human capability of reading the mind) .. all my friends in Cambridge got to come across some such examples of his "extra-ordinary" capabilities.

And how can I forget the days of our staying together from the dawn to dusk .. reading .. chatting .. eating together .. and listening to music ..

He is the person who first made me interested in Western Classical Music .. his first gift to me on my first birthday in Cambridge .. a pack of three CDs of "time to relax" is still an asset for me .. he is the one to bring me to the world of various chants/miserere/hymns .. be it Gregorian chants or Tibetian hymns ..

He is about to finish his thesis in a very interesting subject .. here goes my best wishes to him on this very special day!

To you, my friend; to our friendship!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Transparent Ironist said...

Thanks : ut amem et foveam, 'to love and to cherish'.

3:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home