Saturday, April 23, 2005

Lazy days ..

There is a word in Bengali udasin which I cannot translate. It is something like a pensive state of detachedness.. I have been udergoing this state for a while. I have been trying my best to study but some incident or the other in the past a few days making me unable to work and then after dinner I am feeling very lazy for study .. as a result I have not done anything constructive in the recent past. That is making me feel guilty now .. I know I need to get rid of this state but I do not how to ..

I am feeling indifferent to the world surrounding me .. and some shocking news from Calcutta has made me even more worried .. that relates to one of my school friends .. his family .. in the middle of all these I am actually feeling jobless .. or rather aimless to be precise .. I am doing things not being very focussed .. this has to end soon ..

Remembering Tagore:
"Hal chhere aaj boshe achhi ami chhuti ne kaharo pichhutei;
mon nahi mor kichhutei nahi kichhutei .."

- [I am passing time idly/hopelessly not running after anything/anybody; I do not have attention into any single thing on earth] (taken from the poem Udasin (Indifferent) by Tagore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home