Thursday, March 24, 2005

Back home again!

Should have written this three days back! Could manage to find time and the energy to write it.

Coming back to TIFR seems to be like coming back home these days .. but the memories of the last fortnight is difficult to put aside! It was a wonderful stay at Chandigarh. I admit the facilities were not up to the mark but still the general ambience .. I liked a lot. It's always good to find some open space .. some greeneries after being captivated in a small area for so long.

TIFR also has changed its look.. the empty trees have got back their new green leaves .. the walls in the A Block building have got some freash coats of white wash .. the weather has changed significantly .. it's become more humid, warmer and the evening breeze has become more soothing .. (though I could not go to our sea shore yet!)

Yesterday sitting in my table in the hostel room I noticed the tree in front of my window has dressed up with white flowers .. the same one was barren when I left .. it gave me such a nice feeling .. suddenly spring has come to TIFR it seems .. as they are going to celebrate the festival of HOLI (which I am so scared of) day after tomorrow ..

Only things that did not change were the same old faces, same office .. same work .. books .. lectures and my own machine .. all of them were waiting for me for the last two weeks .. and apparently looking happy to receive me among themselves ..

I am trying to get back to the old rhythm .. but some emotions attached to the campus I have just said adieu to, in the city beautiful, are still making me walk down memory lane .. I can't help avoiding it .. nostalgia is my second nature!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home