Saturday, February 21, 2004

Today I am in the mood of writing blog it seems ..

Yesterday after a long time I went to the seashore .. in our campus .. after almost two months .. a friend of mine was telling me "See, the bongs spend 1000' to go to the sea for the weekend .. to Digha , to Puri .. and we, here, gifted with that opprtunity hardly make it to the seashore .. Strange, na?"

Actually not .. when you grow up seeing the sun setting at the Arabian sea day in and day out then probably you cease to appreciate the beauty of it .. it is not your fault .. it goes to the very basic human nature .. I believe ..

Anyway, yesterday evening had a clear sky that gave us a nice view of the sunset .. we could people walking and jogging for health ! And here and there the couples would appear enjoying the advent of a nice weekend with the Friday sunset. Specially having the spring with the gardenful of flowers in the offering .. It definitely adds to the beauty of the seashore .. I do not know what those flowers are called .. I would rather not .. I never insisted on knowing the detailed descriptions of things that offer you mere beauty .. to me that spoils the mysticism of beauty .. when you know it in and out then you might acquire more knowledge but that hardly helps in admiring the beauty of it.

So we walked .. talking nonsense .. and looking at the partial view of the marine drive .. the queens necklace just began glowing upto its glamour .. somehow I did not feel poetic , which I usually do .. rather felt like sitting on the rocks , thinkinh about the nothingness of our existence! Yes, you are right .. I was actually feeling tired .. tired of the week that just was over ..

then we walked back to the mundane life .. dinner bell was ringing .. a wish that I had at the days end .......

"And often after sunset, Sir,
When it is light and fair,
I take my little porringer,
And eat my supper there...." --- (We are Seven : Wordsworth)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home