Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Rainy Day!

Today morning started differently .. I usually wake up early for the lectures to get fully ready before 9 .. today I somehow missed the alarm (or may be I stopped it when it rang) and I did not ask anyone to wake me up .. I guess the 'late-rise' was partially due to the antibiotics taken for the running nose and partially due to the strange weather today ..

Yesterday it was a gloomy day through out .. the Sun was making its existence felt with a diffused ray of light through a rather thick cloud .. today when I woke up .. it was drizzling .. it was pretty dark even at 8:40 when I woke up ..

After a long time it has been drizzling in Mumbai today .. I somehow like such weather .. in such a day I feel like putting on some 'Thumrian' by Girija Devi, or playing some Kishori Amankar's 'Miyan ki Mallhar' .. taking a cup of tea, and reading the newspaper in gory details spending
the whole morning in that .. and then go for a shower late in the morning when it is almost lunch time .. then meet a friend in the corridor and keep chatting .. start from any relevant issue and then keep shifting from it .. and spend the whole day .. come back to your room .. in the
late afternoon and write a few letters to the people close to you .. talk about the weather .. how it is raining at an unexpected time of the year .. and recollect all the memories from the past .. what you had been doing when for the last time you had such a drizzling day .. feel a bit homesick .. ring up your parents ,,. and spend some time talking to them ..

Occasional rainy days have something in them .. they make you start thinking about those whom you care for .. proper-rains(downpours) and drizzles bring in different feelings to you ..rain makes you creative, inspires you to write poems .. drizzle makes you emotional, you feel relaxed, feel like sitting idly thinking about the days gone by .. Well that's entirely the way I feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home