Sunday, July 11, 2004

Nice evening

Had a nice evening with an old friend ..

I went to meet my 'Breach Candy friend' today evening.. last time when I went to his place it was dark and could not see the view from their big window .. this time it was the perfect time for the sunset .. but it was cloudy .. still a pleasant sight .. saw the birds finding their way home in the backdrop of the dark clouds .. I felt jealous of my friend who owns such a wonderful house that overlooks the sea. We went to a book fair after that. Bought a few books .. cheap rates. Then went to 'see' Crossword .. the renowned book store of Mumbai .. the so called "HEP" (happening) place in the town .. where you get to see the youths crowding there to buy books! Well.. my friend actually did not quite have a good impression about this place. To him crossword is more of a show-off place .. sort of a status symbol to visit such a store. The real places to buy books are those small shops which we visited before coming to Crosswords!

From there I came back home .. leaving behind a nice evening and carrying along a pleasant memory and a nice gift from my friend .. a book .. which perhaps is the best thing a friend can present to a friend but these days this custom .. unfortunately has become obsolete!

~ to add .. quite obviously we talked abt the other friends of our Cam gang .. the famous doctor, the successful lawyer, and the beloved neuroscientist ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home