Monday, November 22, 2004

Mixed feelings

Yesterday was one of the pleasant days in recent times .. the school kids came to TIFR on an Open Day .. the purpose of the event being to popularise the interest in science from the school level and simultaneously publicising TIFR's effort in pure science research! Good to get the chance to do some 'dadagiri' on the tenth standard students. Some of our professors gave inspiring talks .. some showed demos and the best part was taking the kids to different labs. At the end of the day felt very tired and slept very early compared to recent standards.

So this morning I woke up before sun rises in Bombay and came to the institute at a time when the morning school kids queue up in the colony gate awaiting their school buses. Felt very fresh and was feeling thankful to the one who woke me up ..

and the final decision as to not go for the upcoming event in Kolkata (in the next week) has been taken today .. and in my afternoon nap I saw everything associated to my home and my mom that eventually made me feel homesick. I am determined to get the tickets cancelled tomorrow so that I do not have any more dillema in my mind and can concenrate fully in my work. On top of that .. just received a mail from my guide who expessed his helplessness in guiding me on certain issue that I asked his help for from far away .. that results in either I shall have to dig deep into it to fix up the problem myself or else I'll have to give up and have to omit that item from my project .. things are suddenyly running in the wrong direction just at the time when I thought fortune has begun to smile on me! Do not know why this happens with me everytime. .. feeling like singing the Tagore-song: "tomar kachhe shanti chaabo na .." .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home