Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Janmastami - 2004

Once again .. the "Dahi-Handi" day came .. and pople did celebrate it in the hostel campus .. one of the few occassions in our hostel life when people can get together .. I was not a part of it the last year .. and I kept myself aloof this year as well.. the 'brouhaha' seems not suitable for me ..

Today the weather here was just too good to chat and chat and chat .. but I had lot of things piled up in my schedule .. so could not really utilise the day ... after lunch thre was a nice breeze .. coming straight from the west .. bringing to my mind .. memories of the past .. I was remembering my old friends who were so nice people to chat with .. here sometimes I suffer from this "friendlessness" syndrom. In bengali what you would call jonaranye eka - alone in the crowd .. here I do have this feeling quite often .. whenever I have a nice mood and want to share it with someone .. I look around .. in vain .. finding no 'true' friend!

Thus went my this year's Janmastami .. it is always nice to get a holiday in the week .. but it brings along with it .. a feeling of pathos .. may be that's why poet once said:
Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home