Thursday, September 02, 2004

The top stories of this hour :-)

These days we are having "marathon lectures" given by Shiraz Minwalla(someone who came from Harvard to join TIFR as a permanent faculty!) on Quantum Field Theory. The day before, i.e. on Monday, we had a rigorous session of three hours and fifteen minutes of lectures in the morning with a five minutes break. And today we had one two hours and a half at a stretch. But the interesting thing is we are not feeling exhausted .. Hats off to the man who can do without any 'notes' in a graduate class but still can manage to produce an extensive board-worked lecture. He is a very talked-about guy in the institute of late and he deserves to be.

Today's been quite hectic for me .. having two lectures in the morn and a colloqium in the evening .. then had a TT session after a long time .. enjoying my life .. oh yes! Rather living it in my own way .. guide is supposed to come soon .. and was expecting to see him today but could not. Probably these good days will be over soon having the project work started once the guide comes. :-(

These days burning CDs has become one of the favourite past times. I have been converting mp3's to audio format to listen to it in my room where I dd not have an MP3 player unfortunately. Thanks to Nero - the burning software.

Today my school friend came to see me before leaving Bombay for Kolkata where he finally found a job. So another place to go to in Bombay has gone. Feeling bad about that for a while .. I guess once I get into works then these things won't matter .. whether or not time will tell.

Right now I am listening to Jayjayanti - a melodious raga played by Bismillah Khan and V G Jog, a wonderful piece of duet by the maestros. There is no one else aroung in the room .. I, my computer and music .. what else can you want .. feeling very happy all on a sudden .. wanted to share it with you, "Going Miles"!

1 Comments:

Blogger sisters of mercy said...

quote-unquote: i, my computer and music..what else can you want!

perhaps some food, yeah?

did locate your blog correctly. perhaps you don't know the new link appears in your friends 'life, artificial'

2:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home