Thursday, July 22, 2004

To you, B 136

It's been a long time that I did not write my blog .. that's got something
to do with the stupid machines here in our students' room that were not
allowing me to 'write' anything in the new post!

Meanwhile there have been three posts from from my friend who is visiting
Los Angels .. the descriptions being so vivid .. through his eyes I had a
tour around LA, by the Pacific Ocean .. his description made the pictures so
palpable .. as if I can feel the waves of Santa Monica beach touching my
feet at the time of sunset ..

My life was a bit hectic these days as well .. I was busy in shifting room
.. just to shift from the first floor to the second floor it took me three
days !! And now today I am going to have my first night's sleep in the new
room .. the room which is not so new to me anyway .. one of my very close
friends here used to stay in that room .. the friend has left the institute
for good.. not finding anything interesting here to work with .. initially I
was in a sort of dillema whether to shift to the room once-owned by him with
whom I had so many memories in the past one year .. but the
ever-deteriorating condition of my previous room left me with no other
option .. and now .. being shifted to the new one .. I am feeling nostalgic
about the room I had .. the memories associated with it .. it was the sole
silent witness of many tensed sleepless nights that I had .. the afternoons
I shared with it .. feeling overjoyed without any reason .. many an evening
in that room I would dance with John Denver singing "Thank God I'm a country
boy " .. felt like seeing my parents .. desparetly .. now all these memories of my previous room, B 136, are cluttering my mind !

strange life .. indeed .. you try to leave aside the belongings you once possessed but your mind does not let you forget them ..

It was not a new feeling to me though .. I had the same experience while
being at St Ed's .. there used to be the room B12 of Eddies where my beloved
lawyer friend used to live in my first year's stay at Cam .. and in the
second year it became difficult for me to pass by that room every day and
that finally led me to change the kitchen nearer to his room and I had to
start using the other kitchen shifting all the utensils I had dumped in the
previous one!

I can not help quoting what my friend has just said in his third post from
LA, for I liked it too much ..
"coming back is always so difficult. the sand sticks to your wet clothes,
and with time, it dries and falls off.like some memories, perhaps..."

Nevertheless, Welcome to my new room .. B 236.

I am on the verge of starting a new life .. the life of a researcher!
.. and just before that I am going home this weekend .. for three weeks ..
coming back exactly on the day of independence .. to a new world .. may be I
shall have a new office .. a new computer to use .. and an almost new room
.. and I know a new experience awaits me very shortly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bhisma Chakrabarti said...

ei je, waiting for your next post now!

3:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home